Friday, December 31, 2010

Thrashers 3, Bruins 2 (SO): The shootout sucks.

Whoooops!

 Let me start by saying I HATE the shootout. Tim Thomas is great at making acrobatic saves, but god damn, I do not like him in the shootout. Imagine the shootout in the playoffs? I would just end up blowing my brains out. Even if the Bruins had a good shootout goalie, I'd still hate it.

Anyways, the B's dropped their first game on the road trip, but still got a point for their troubles. They are 4-1-1 in their last 6 games, so they are still getting points despite playing like they are down a cylinder.

A nice backhand by Bergie and a good shot by stupid asshole Blake Wheeler (whom I am hating less and less each night) accounted for goals for the B's. Thomas made some good saves, but also let in a couple of duds that he normally has no trouble with. And then the shootout... yeah, he sucked. It also didn't help that the Bruins took a couple of bullshit penalties which resulted in a couple power play goals for Atlanta. The refs also missed a high stick that cut Horton, and a blatant cross check/interference to Wheeler in front of the Atlanta goal. Bad/missed calls happen, but what the fuck?

If Atlanta had revenge on their mind for the Lucic punch, they did an abysmal job at it. No fights and I think Looch got checked maybe once. But Atlanta got the win, so maybe retaliation wasn't the way to go. Pussies.

I didn't want to forget mentioning that dumb fuck retard Dustin Byfuglien (6'3", 246) going after Danny Paille (6-1, 195lbs), who has had exactly zero NHL fights. This asshole threw a flying elbow after the whistle, got shoved back by Paille, and then proceeded to drop his gloves and start to throw. Good job by Paille by taking them both down (and avoiding the beating that surely would have commenced). I didn't pay much attention to Byfuglien when he was with Chicago, but I knew he drew the ire of a lot of teams. Now I see why, as going after small skilled guys tends to irk some people. Maybe next time they play, he can try that with someone his own size (Thorts, Looch, Big Z).

Anyways, the shootout sucks. It was fun for exactly one game, back in 2005. Its a shit way to lose a game. I heard something about making the overtime 5 minutes of five-on-five, 5 minutes of 4-on-4, 5 minutes of 3-on-3 and then go to the shootout (or something to that effect). I'd much rather see the B's lose in overtime than the shootout, plus 5 minutes is WAY too short for an overtime period. I doubt we will see changes anytime soon, but they did make changes to the All-Star Game, so you never know...

Check back later today, as I have a special article! Whoopee!

No comments:

Post a Comment